Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hi everyone,

I've had such a busy week, it's hard to know where to begin. The interview feels like it happened a month ago...I should find out this week if I've been cherry-picked to be part of the project. I know there's a helluva lot of competition so I'm trying to be philosophical about it. I hope I get through though.

I travelled up to York on Wednesday, and realised in dismay that it actually takes me less time to get to York from Ely than it does to get home from work, a mere 22 mile journey. And the trains are a lot more comfortable.

I stayed in a very old fashioned hotel called Lady Anne Middleton's...very handy for the City Centre and only about a mile from the station. It smelled a bit musty though and the layout was more old people's home than chic boutique hotel. Still, it was only for a night. It rained the entire time I was there, but that didn't stop me and many others queueing for lunch at Betty's (a must stop when in York)

The Alquimia facial was just heaven for two hours. There's more detail here:

http://www.relentlessly-positive.com/amagistralexperience.html

Highly recommended. I left the spa feeling on top of the world, headed off for some food, then back to my room where I had an early night. The treatment oils had made my hair all greasy around the edges, I had no make up left on, and the rain and wind weren't conducive to a night out on the town. Hey, I know how to live...

It rained on Thursday too. A lot. So I decided to come home a bit early and get the house sorted for another viewing. I also got a stinking migraine, probably from hoisting a heavy back pack all the way around York earlier on! The viewing was short and to the point - polite Eastern European couple who didn't seem overly interested. I've given up trying to second guess people though. I had an early night after heading out to deliver a friend's birthday present...

I cancelled Suzy Greaves on Friday. The thought of traipsing up to London still suffering the after effects of a migraine wasn't appealing. It's s hame though as I really wanted some help with the journalism...we are plotting to get me some extra income through freelancing and boy, do I need it at the moment?

We had TWO more house viewings on Saturday. Both seemed impressed. Time will tell. I do get fed up with saying, "and this is the bathroom..." blah blah blah. Of course it's the flaming bathroom. It's got a bath in it...the sooner we sell the house the sooner I regain my sanity I think!

We went out for dinner with friends last night, good time was had by all...and then met the cutest little pup ever, called Herbie. If you could bottle his energy and sell it you would make a fortune. He's some kind of terrier cross and just adorable, very tiny at the moment. Likes biting. Ouch.

So now here I am, another week, as my time off work ebbs away (dammit) - the thought of the early bus tomorrow morning doesn't fill me with joy, but I just have to think positive - at ythe moment we're still in the running for a potential offer on the house, and I'm still in the running for a new job...watch this space...

No comments: