Friday, November 03, 2006


I'm having trouble with the old Positivity valve this week. Today in particular!

The clocks went back at the weekend, which means that it's the time of year where I sit looking out of the window at 4pm and it's already getting dark. I think I should have been a squirrel, or a bear or something that has the right idea and hibernates all through the winter, as the approach of cold days and long, dark nights fills me with dread. Anyway, the weather seems to have sensed my feelings and co-operated by at least offering up some clear, frosty mornings that are just perfect for wearing the Anna Scholz coat I bought from Simply Be back in August! I usually wait until about now to buy anything like that...and find they've run out...but this is beeyoootiful, an embroidered grey parka, very on-trend and just a little bit unusual.

This week hasn't seen much movement on the Relentlessly Positive website. I've been back in the office and busy - and things did look as if they were about to come to something with the house sale...for a while. We had a couple come back for a second viewing, which caused considerable panic with Matt away down the other end of the country that day, and me unable to get a day off work with absolutely no notice whatsoever. I begged the help of my best mate, who wasn't in work that day, and she did what sounded like a fantastic sales job on the place, a guided tour of the estate and parking places, and I was so convinced we'd sold. The guy even took my mobile number to call me.

Since then.........no phone calls from him or the agent. That was Wednesday and it's now Friday. How depressing. To add to the general despondency, I started to come down with my first cold of the year yesterday...and my throat feels like barbed wire. And then I found out that I didn't get the job I put all that effort into. I'm gutted, it had my name all over it and I could really have done a good job. But the interview was so OTT I just didn't manage to keep on top of it all and I think that the actual discussion part of the interview let me down. I was so pleased to get the presentation out of the way, that I think I gabbled a bit and sounded like a moron. Even though I could have done that job with my eyes shut. Oh well. Back to the drawing board and the jobs papers.

We did have another viewing last night, although it was a bit of a flying visit. And some good news - Mr British Gas engineer has just been and certified that our boiler is fine for another year. Good, as replacing that wasn't on my list of things I REALLY want to do.

So, all in all, a bit of a rubbish week. But at least it could still end on a positive note...

No comments: